Here are the primary responsibilities of an Electrical and Electronics Installers and repairers:
* He repairs different kinds of electrical equipment.
* He usually renders service to private companies working on different products.
* He also works in customer service repairing and replacing electrical components.
* He needs to be knowledgeable about the principles of electronics technology.
* He can get his training from technical institutions or community colleges. It usually takes two years of training before becoming a certified Electronic Technician.
Most Electronic Technicians prefer to work in research and development in bigger companies. They work in repair shops or at plants that make electronic items. There are also some technicians that do hands on services at homes, hospitals and other institutions that need any electrical equipment fixed or installed. They can also teach and train students who are interested in electronic equipment. While others want to work as a mechanical writer whose main job is to prepare instruction and repair manuals that can be helpful to those who are looking for solutions to electronic component questions.
The job of an Electronic Technician is so vast that many prefer to specialize in a specific concentration. He needs to be knowledgeable about the laws of electricity, electricity circuits and electronics technology regardless of what field they specialize in. Electronic technicians that serve as repairers can also work in the production of electronic equipment. They can test equipment and make sure that it passes the proper specification which is called the quality control. Electronic Technicians can also assemble different electronic parts. They can specialize in assembling the more complex electronic parts which can be found in manufacturing productions.